Almost every body has Tap Tap in their Iphone or Ipod Touch. It is just like the Rock Band in PS3/XBox360 but in smaller version. But the only bad thing about the app is you cannot download the song of your choice from their server, but after reading this guide, you can.
Things you need:
1)jailbroken (yes! it has to be jailbroken) IpodTouch/Iphone with OpenSSH enabled.
- First, download the Tap Tap maker from this site. Install the software and then open it.
- Go to File>Import Song and select the song of your choice.
- After your song starts playing, click on "RECORD" button. Now the song starts again and "Record" button changes to "Recording". As the song plays, press LEFT, DOWN and RIGHT the same way you want it to appear in the game.
- After you are done with the song, save the song by clicking File>"Save Tap/M4A" and select your destination.
You are going to use OpenSSH to transfer the files from your computer to Ipod. If you already have OpenSSH enabled on your Iphone, go straight down. And if you havent enabled OpenSSH, read this guide.
- Go to your Cydia and then search for OPENSSH and then install it on your iPod.
- Download the client for your Computer from here. Select WinSCP 4.2.3 Beta (Installation Package).This is WinSCP and it helps you with SSH connnection with your iPhone.
- Install the WinSCP and run it(there is an icon on your desktop).
- First time you run the program, you will get WinSCP login dialogue box. Enter the following data:
- Host name is your Iphone/Ipod Touch's local ip-address. To find your Ip-address, go to your Iphone's Settings>WiFi> Click on the blue arrow next to your network and the numbers that is next to "Ip Adress" is your hostname.
- User name is root and password is alpine.
- Click on Login. make sure your iPhone in your homescreen and wait about 10-20 seconds(depending upon the speed).
- Navigate to "/private/var/mobile/Applications". You will see some really weird looking file names like (414F8448-6F1D-430C-A0A7-203E42E557BD). You need to look into every folder in order to find ttrsdk.app. The filename above is the one that is in my ipod, so you might try that one too. If you want to save some time, i would suggest un-sync all the apps from iTunes9.0 except "Tap Tap" and locate the filename. Make sure you bookmark the address if you might want to visit the folder again and make some changes.
- After you find your ttrsdk.app, go to Tracks folder and copy the M4A file in your Music folder, tap file in your Taps folder. If you dont find it, try making the filenames of .m4a &.tap files shorter. And add (extreme or hard or easy) at the end of the file name of your .tap file. For example, if your file is "MySong.tap", change it to "MySong (easy).tap" or your track wont be visible in TapTap.
Watch the video if you have confusion in any parts. Feel free to comment or mail me if you still have some more questions.